Ground turkey with lettuce and vegetables tossed in a southwest dressing topped with a delicious fiesta ranch sauce.
WW: SP 4-8 Freestyle Points ( Depending on the ground Turkey and toppings you choose)
I do love tacos and could eat them every night so I have now fallen in love with a healthier version of a taco… a delicious taco salad! The reason the points vary for this recipe depends on the ground turkey you buy, if you choose to use olives or not, and if you buy reduced fat shredded cheese or not. If you buy 93/7 ground turkey, that is 4 points for 4 oz. If you use 99/1, extra lean ground turkey, it is 0 points for 3 oz. If you use black olives, that is 1 point per serving and make sure you buy the reduced fat cheese so you are only using 3 points instead of 4 on 1/4 cup of shredded Mexican Cheese. I hope you enjoy this salad as much we as do!
Break out of the points if using Weight Watchers Freestyle Points:
- Ground Turkey 97/3: 4 points
- Ground Turkey 99/1: 3 points
- Olives: 1 points
- Reduced Fat shredded cheese: 3 points
- Regular shredded cheese: 4 points
- Everything else in this recipe: 0 points
Please check the items that you are using to ensure you are within the correct point range and serving size as this could vary based on brands.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb Ground Turkey 93/7 (SP 4) 99/1 (SP 0)
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 cup 0% plain greek yogurt
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch Seasoning
- 1 Packet taco seasoning
- Walden Farms Chipotle Ranch calorie free dressing (Refrigerate prior to use)
- 1 can sliced black olives
- 1 – 2 bags of shredded lettuce or lettuce of choice
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Shredded Carrots
- Mini Sweet Baby bell peppers
- Cooking Spray (I use coconut oil or olive oil)
- Start by spraying your pan with cooking spray and browning your ground turkey.
- While browning the ground turkey, being to prep your other ingredients.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half.
- Dice up mini sweet baby bell peppers
- Reduce heat on ground turkey and add 3/4 the water called for on the taco seasoning packet along with the taco seasoning. Mix the seasoning in well, coating your meat but not having any water left in the pan. This will allow a stronger taste on the ground turkey when in the salad.
- Mix the packet of Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch into a cup of greek yogurt. Mix Well.
- Place lettuce in a bowl and top with 4 oz of ground turkey.
- Top with 1/4 cup reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese.
- Drizzle the Chipotle Ranch dressing over the top.
- Add vegetables and olives.
- Top with a tablespoon of Fiesta Ranch Greek Yogurt.
Yields: 4 servings